BURN ONE DOWN
JUST THE WAY IT IS
- Along the path of the night I didn't see what could be.
- So many times you played games with me.
- The confusion that I feel...
- Is so complex and to me very real.
- You laid down the red carpet for all to see.
- And before I knew it, you jerked it out from under me.
- I don't see the purpose or the reason why,
- You were so determined to make my love die.
- Now my trust is so withered.
- So many tears passed and slithered.
- I know you don't understand at all what happened.
- I guess you just drove me around the bend.
- It was just push and pull from the start.
- I know you liked playing with my heart.
- Things to me weren't just right.
- Even though we talked late into the night.
- At the sight of you, my heart did glow.
- Now I'm not sure and I don't know.
- Now I look at you with a big frown....
- Go ahead, do what you want, burn one down.
- March 7, 2004
BURN ONE DOWN---Clint Black